Tuesday, June 10, 2008

I Can Do It In 6

I have been tagged by Jaysi, who was tagged by Shannon, to write a 6 word meme for my life. Very interesting. The idea was prompted by the book by Larry Smith and Rachel Freshleiser, Not Quite What I Was Planning: Six Word Memoirs by Writers Famous and Obscure. It's a compilation based on the story that Hemingway once bet that he could sum up his life in 6 words. His words were For Sale:Baby shoes, never worn. Aren't you curious about the meaning of that? Me too. Here are the rules:
1. Write your own 6 word memoir.
2. Post it on your blog
3. Link to the person that tagged you and to this original post so we can track it as it travels across the blogosphere.
4. Tag more blogs with links
5. Don't forget to leave a note on the tagged blog with an invitation to play

My 6 Word Meme:
SPEAK TRUTH, LOVE, POWER. EXTEND GRACE.

My meme is taken from my life purpose statement. I debated about the last two words - build relationship was the other choice. I decided that if there is no grace, you cannot build strong relationship. Grace comes first.
I tag Lanette and Shaina

3 comments:

Jaysi said...

Love it!! Great job!

Lanette Rajski said...

That is a PERFECT 6 for you!! I love it too.

Don't worry - I'm working on mine and will get it posted soon!

Anonymous said...

Great little memoir that says plenty in just six words! Thanks so much for playing the meme:)